The Bentonville Film Festival (BFF) will choose 30-40 US and international narrative and documentary feature length films as part of its Feature Film Competition in Bentonville in May 2017.
Of these 30-40 films, 3 will be qualified for the guaranteed distribution prize across all theatrical, television, and digital platforms.
FEATURE LENGTH REQUIREMENTS
Your film’s total running time must be at least eighty (80) minutes (exclusive of credits).
If your film does not meet this requirement, it might meet the requirement of one of BFF’s other competitions:
- The rules for the Festival’s short film competition are located here:
- The rules for the Festival’s commercial competition are located here:
- The rules for the Festival’s episodic competition are located here:
BFF COMPETITION QUALIFIERS
For the film to qualify for competition in the Festival, the film must have an Underrepresented Group in two (2) or more of the following roles
- Lead Character
- At least fifty-percent (50%) of cast, crew or extras are from an Underrepresented Group
The definition of “Underrepresented Group” includes:
- People of Color
- The LGBTQ community
- People with disabilities
- The 2017 Competition Opens: October 3, 2016
- Early Entry Deadline: Must be postmarked by November 14, 2016 at 6 p.m. PST
- Official Deadline: Must be postmarked by December 26, 2016 at 6 p.m. PST
- Late Entry Deadline: Must arrive by January 27, 2017 at 6 p.m. PST
Please note that your film MUST arrive at our office no later than January 27, 2017. BFF will not view your film if it is received after January 27, 2017. For this reason, it is suggested that you mail your film to us well in advance of the late entry deadline!
- Early Entry Deadline: US$50
- Official Deadline: US$65
- Late Entry Deadline: US$90
Please note that BFF is unable to provide fee waivers because the above fees cover BFF’s costs and expenses in administrating this Competition.
THE FINE PRINT
The full Feature Film Rules and Regulations (including instructions for withoutabox.com) may be found here.
All representatives of the competition entries will be required to sign an “Applicant Certification Statement” by which Applicant acknowledges that Applicant has read the rules and regulations and agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations, including the representation and warranties and indemnification provisions.