Samsung and the Bentonville Film Festival have partnered to present Samsung Create, encouraging Arkansas students to create productions showcasing inclusiveness.
- Teams will create sixty second productions in just three days using equipment provided by Samsung.
- Each team will consist of a maximum of three people that will write, direct, film, and edit the video.
- There is no limit on the number of actors per production.
- Teams must meet the BFF Qualifiers below.
How will our world’s future change as more people embody the BFF mission?
BFF COMPETITION QUALIFIERS
- For the film to qualify for the competition, each team must have at least 1 of the 3 team members from an Underrepresented Group and at least fifty percent (50%) of the cast from an Underrepresented Group.“Underrepresented Group” means:
- “Underrepresented Group” means:
- People of Color
- The LGBTQ community
- People with disabilities
- Must creatively deliver the competition brief (40%)
- Quality of creative merit (e.g., story, plot, dialogue, performances) and technical execution (e.g., picture quality, sound quality, editing quality, production value) (40%)
- Ability to integrate unique capabilities/features of Samsung technology (phone/tablet) (20%)
- April 17 – Each school must provide the names and contact information and signed applicant certification form of each team member to Patrick@bentonvillefilmfestival.com
- April 28, 2017 – BFF will release the competition brief to each Team.
- May 1 – Samsung representatives will provide a two hour instructional session on how to use the Samsung equipment. Each team will also be given the Walmart receipts containing the four products that must be included in the final production.
- May 4 at 12pm – Films are due to BFF. Please read the Fine Print for instructions on how to deliver the final film.
- May 6 at 3pm – Screening and Judging Panel. Purchase your tickets here.
- May 6 at 6pm – The BFF Award Show; the three team members of the winning film must be present.