The Bentonville Film Festival is a mission-focused, one-of-a-kind, annual event taking place at 20 different partnership venues around the Bentonville Square and Northwest Arkansas May 3 – 8, 2016. Over 50 Competitive & Showcase Film Screenings, 10 Panel Discussions with Industry Experts, a Studio Premier Event, Family Movie Night, and Top Music Entertainment will take place in four quadrants of downtown Bentonville and throughout the Bentonville square; with special events occurring in nearby Rogers and Springdale, Ark. Following are some tips to navigate the fun!
Download the NEW Bentonville Film Festival App
The app includes the full 2016 schedule of events, film summaries, access to festival map, the ability to purchase tickets, parking and transportation information, and ways to interact with BFF via social media.
Event goers can also create and manage their own Festival Itinerary by syncing specific events to their mobile device calendars and share their plans with family and friends.
Download the app by searching Bentonville Film Festival in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or by visiting bff.quickmobile.mobi.
Explore the BFF Website
The Bentonville Film Festival website has a new look and feel this year. Information pertaining to the festival, the BFF organization, schedule of events, film overviews, ticket information and volunteer opportunities can be found at www.bentonvillefilmfestival.com or on the BFF app.
Stay Connected with the BFF Newsletter and Social Media
Event goers can be the first to obtain breaking news, updates on film programs and events, information about the Festival Filmmakers, special guest appearances and all the latest news can be accessed by signing up for the newsletter on the BFF website. Also follow Bentonville Film Festival on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube to stay connected and share festival experiences.
Get the Film Guide
The Film Guide will serve as a guide to the 2nd Annual Film Competition and contains film descriptions, screening dates, times and locations, as well as details on panel discussions, entertainment and special events. For the most up-to-date information, festival attendees should check the BFF website, www.bentonvillefilmfestival.com, or BFF app for additions and updates. The Film Guide will be available at Festival venues, BFF Box Office and other information outlets throughout Northwest Arkansas. The full festival guide can also be accessed online and through the BFF app.
Purchase Tickets and Passes
Pass Packages for the 2016 Bentonville Film Festival are still available for purchase and include multiple package options ranging from entry level to premium. Individual ticket orders are available for those seeking to attend just a few films, panels and/or events. Both passes and individual tickets can be purchased on the BFF website or through the BFF app.
Bentonville Film Festival Tickets
Patrons can choose to print tickets at home or pick up at Will Call. All Pass and Will Call ticket orders will be available for pick up now through May 8 at the BFF Box Office (112 W Central).
Box Office Hours
- April 25-May 2: Monday-Friday, 10 am to 5 pm, Saturday and Sunday, 11 am to 4 pm
- May 3: Wednesday, 10 am to 8 pm
- May 4-7: Thursday-Saturday, 10 am to 10 pm (or 15 minutes after the last screening begins)
- May 8: Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm
* Tickets must be picked up at least one hour prior to event start time.
Look for Free Fun Events during the Festival
Be sure to check the website and app for free events May 4-7 that don’t require a ticket (see website map for locations):
Lawrence Plaza/Compton Gardens
- BFF Village: BFF Sponsors providing engaging activities and fun giveaways
- INsideOUT Lounge: “Be Your Best You” sponsors feature personal care, nutrition and fitness
- KidsFest Sports Zone: unique interactive sports engagement
- VUDU Lounge: Visit the lounge and receive a $5 VUDU Movie Credit and view private screenings
- Girls that Grill Competition: A full day of competition including demonstrations, samples and awards on Friday May 6
- First Friday Activities: Outdoor screening of Ghostbusters at the 21C and Notable Magician at First Baptist Church
- KidsFest: Saturday events include ReadyJetGo PBS event, Mitchell Communications Young Filmmakers workshop and a comic book giveaway.
In addition, visit Nickelodeon, Sony and Universal studio lounges located throughout the downtown area that will be showing movie trailers, providing character interaction and photo opportunities, with food and fun giveaways.
Fun BFF Merchandise
Be sure to pick up fun BFF merchandise at the Box Office (112 W Central) – t-shirts, caps and the BeenaTM, stuffed Festival mascot designed by Geena Davis. Look for the exclusive hot pink Festival t-shirt available at local Walmart Supercenters and Walmart Neighborhood Markets.
Arrive Early at Screenings
Since the Festival takes place at a wide variety of partnering venues, please check each event listing for location and address information specific to that venue. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to guarantee seating, plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of each event. After this time remaining seats will open to the public for purchase.
Standby policy: Limited tickets are often available immediately prior to sold-out shows because of “no-show” ticket holders. Anyone who wants to attend one of the sold-out shows must be at the respective theater before the show begins, and must be seated immediately as tickets become available at the door. Standby lines will form at a designated location at the appropriate venue one hour before the scheduled start time.
Parking and Shuttle Service
BFF encourages use of free parking and shuttle service available for festival attendees to get them hassle-free to all the action occurring at the Festival in downtown Bentonville. Shuttle service will run approximately every 20 minutes (see First Presbyterian Church hours exception) and drop off at two different downtown locations.
- Tuesday, May 3, 6 pm to 1 am
- Wednesday-Saturday, May 4-7, 9 am to 1 am
- Four Points by Sheraton (211 SE Walton Boulevard)
- First Presbyterian Church (901 NE J Street) (ONLY Thursday/Friday, May 5 & 6, between 12 noon and 10 pm)
BFF Shuttle Stops
- Lawrence Plaza (214 NE A Street) (approx. every 20 min)
- Bentonville Square (Near Bentonville Utilities Drive-through, corner of Main & 2nd , 108 S Main Street) DROP & GO Stop (shuttles will not wait)