While not a part of the official 2016 Bentonville Film Festival activities, the Walk for Wishes provides festival attendees with a way to support a very worthwhile organization while visiting Bentonville this May.
About Walk For Wishes
Walk For Wishes® in Northwest Arkansas is a community-wide celebration and effort to grant wishes for local children with life-threatening medical conditions. Walkers will fundraise prior to the Walk For Wishes then join wish children, families and other enthusiastic supporters of our mission on the day of the event! Make your walk more meaningful by forming a team of your family, friends, colleagues or community group. Following the two mile walk, activities will include inflatable games, crafts, magicians, face painting, photo booth fun, music and more.
When: May 7th, 2016, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Where: Arvest Ballpark, Springdale, AR
About Make-A-Wish® Mid-South
Make-A-Wish’s mission is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Founded in 1986, Make-A-Wish Mid-South has granted more than 4,800 wishes.
- The Mid-South chapter serves children who reside in Arkansas, West Tennessee and
- Make-A-Wish Mid-South granted 244 wishes last year. In the Northwest Arkansas and
River Valley area we granted 43.
- Eighty-Two cents of every dollar is allocated to wish-granting!
- The average cost of a wish in the Mid-South region is more than $8,000.
For more information contact Esther Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.